Thursday, September 10, 2009

The End of the Summer

Well, it's official - school has started, and the summer is ending. Here in Iowa, where I've found myself immersed in a world of literature, art and translation, it's still sweltering out but the fall is on my mind. ALTA is coming up in November, and I'll be discussing the future of ALTA from my perspective.

It also means the newsletter is coming together, and I'm constantly humbled by the wealth of activity and interest in literary translation that is out there.

The summer was wonderful - two whole months, uninterrupted, with my husband before the inevitable distance took its place. But it is nice to be thinking again about my work, the work I hope to do, the work I am doing. Iowa is a good place for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment